On a scale of one to ten, how are you dealing with the North Carolina summer temperatures? Some of you love the heat and you could live in this climate forever. The more heat, the merrier. Some of you probably are cranking down the air conditioner thermostat to get you through the month of August. No matter how you’re responding to the heat, we, at Axiom Dentistry, wish you a happy and healthy August.
If you’re sweating through August, as we are, how do you stay cool? Wearing light, breathable, and loose clothing are good options for combating the heat. How about your dental care? Are you sweating due to any anxiety? Some people sweat when they’re not confident in something. Are you sweating about your flossing routine? August might be a good time to take a flossing inventory to make sure you’re performing it effectively.
Here are a few tips to ensure your flossing routine correct:
- According to the ADA, you should be flossing your teeth once per day to help remove food and plaque from between your teeth and under the gum line.
- Use approximately 18 inches of floss and wind it around one index finger. Wind the leftover floss around a finger on the other hand.
- Holding the floss securely, guide the floss between and around your teeth going back and forth slowly and gently.
- Curve the floss around the gum line in a C shape.
- Repeat this method between each tooth while unwinding clean floss to use between each set of teeth.
Schedule your regular checkup and cleaning at Axiom Dentistry to ensure you’re giving your mouth the optimal dental health care.
Posted on Behalf of Axiom Dentistry