Do you feel like you’re on the losing team when it comes to your smile? If you want to exchange your smile for a winning smile, why not consider dental implants. They are natural looking titanium tooth roots that are designed to support teeth in your bone. They are a great solution if you have missing teeth in your mouth, and the American Dental Association endorses them. [Read more…]
Mini implants are a category of dental implants that are smaller in diameter than standard implants. They can be used to replace a single tooth or many teeth in one short appointment. Mini implants require no surgery or sutures and are cost effective.
These types of implants are particularly valuable for patients with loose dentures. Regular dentures can leave patients feeling uncomfortable and insecure. Often they interfere with eating, speaking, and smiling. Mini implants are anchored to existing dentures and partials to provide permanent stability eliminating embarrassing situations and messy denture adhesives.
You may be a mini implant candidate if you:
- Are unhappy with your current denture
- Need bone grafting
- Are not otherwise an implant candidate
- Are looking for a more cost-effective implant alternative
Mini implants are a fast, easy, and affordable solution to missing teeth. Start your journey to a beautiful smile by scheduling an implant consultation with one of our highly experienced dentists today!
Your nightmare has come true. Whether from damage or extensive decay you have lost a tooth. What ever the reason, you want it replaced. In the past, replacing missing teeth meant partials, bridges, or dentures. All three options can adequately do the job of filling the space left by a missing tooth, however most patients will admit that they never really feel natural. I often hear patients complain that they are not able to eat, speak, or smile as they once did.
In today’s world of modern dentistry there is a better solution to tooth replacement: Dental implants. Implants can be used to replace a single tooth or several implants can work together to support a permanently fixed denture. No matter what your need may be dental implants look and feel natural, like your own teeth, allowing you to speak, eat, and smile confidently.
What exactly is a dental implant? Quite simply, it is an artificial tooth made out of titanium that replaces one or more missing teeth.
Here are three parts of a dental implant:
- Post-A titanium screw placed in the jaw that fuses to the bone and acts as the root of a tooth.
- Abutment-A connector piece made from titanium that is placed on the post and connects the ceramic crown to the post.
- Custom Crown-This is the final step in the dental implant process. The dental crown is made of high-grade ceramic and created to match the shape and color of your natural tooth.
The entire process usually takes between 6-12 months to complete:
- Implant placement-The titanium screw is placed into the bone. Patients wait approximately four months for the implant to fuse to the bone.
- Abutment placement-The connector is placed so that the custom crown can be attached.
- Crown Placement-The custom ceramic crown is designed and placed.
Dental implants are like your own natural teeth and require normal brushing and flossing as well as regular dental visits to maintain the health of your new smile.
If you are hiding your smile due to a missing tooth we can help. Contact the dental professionals at Axiom Dentistry to discuss permanent replacement options today.